27 March, 2013

Serena Williams rode her bike to a match to beat traffic


Serena
Miami traffic was so bad this weekend that Serena Williams didn't know if she'd be able to get to her Sony Open match in time.

The world No. 1 was scheduled to play Ayumi Morita at 7 p.m. on Saturday night but realized she was going to have trouble making it the few miles from her hotel to the tennis facilities at Crandon Park in Key Biscayne

"The traffic was crazy and everyone was like, `I have been here for an hour, and I'm staying like eight minutes away. I'm like, `OK, I'm not going to make my match.'

"So I asked for a golf cart, and the hotel didn't have a golf cart. Then they were like, `We have a motor bike.' I'm like, `I don't do motor bikes.' They said, `We have a bicycle.' I said, `I really don't do bicycles, but I will today."
Called from MBC news

No comments: